If there is one thing that gets people anxious about their looks on a routine basis, it is a replete level of oil on their skin. The concern over the presence of oil on the skin is amplified owing to its stubborn recurrence and scant remedies. Oily skin tends to appear like grease on the face and lends a shiny but coarse appearance to the skin. Apart from the dull exhibit of the skin, oily skin is also responsible for certain other facial issues like acne and blemishes. It is thus imperative that timely and safe skin care products are administered on a routine basis and the best skin care regimen is followed religiously to avoid the repercussions of the dreaded oily skin. Let us know about the causes of oily skin and find out ways to get rid of oily skin.
Causes of Oily Skin
It is of paramount importance to identify and understand the causes that lead to oily skin in the first place. Heredity, diet habits, hormone levels, pregnancy, birth control pills, cosmetics and humid weather conditions are among few conditions that lead to secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands found on the skin. It should be understood that oily skin can occur at any age in both men and women. It is also possible for only certain regions of the skin to experience the activity of the sebaceous glands. Whatever the cause of oily skin in any case is, it is pertinent to deal with the condition with the best skin care products.
Oily Skin: The Good & the Bad
While oily skin is generally looked upon as an undesirable skin type, one must not hype it as a completely bad and ill skin condition. The great advantage of oily skin type is that it lowers the pace of skin aging, thus making the face appear younger, with reduced fine lines and wrinkles. The oil produced in the facial glands acts as a natural moisturizer, making the skin texture soft and fine.
Even so, oily skin condition should be controlled as it does more harm than good. Oily skin stands to face a high risk of acne breakout on the face as the oil clogs the pores on the skin, lending ideal situation for an acne breakout. Moreover, constant care and cleaning are required to maintain skin health to avoid clogging of skin pores and to control the production of oil on the face.
Best Skin Care Products for Oily Skin People
Having oily skin entails proper and best skin care routine to ensure the health of the skin. There is an array of good skin care products available in the market that can be used to control the level of oil production. Oily skin basically needs a healthy routine of cleansing and usage of the right products to keep it clear. Few of the great skin care products and spa skin care products are:
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash: This cleanser is loaded with tested and authentic salicylic acid cleanser that is ideal for cleansing oily skin. To avoid overdrying of skin, it can be used once per day.
- Olay Fresh Shine Minimising Cleanser: This product contains special kaolin clay that absorbs oil from the skin surface. It leaves a clean matte look on the skin.
- Biore Acne Clearing Scrub: It contains gentle exfoliating buffing beads and fights acne breakout with only 1% salicylic acid. It leaves your skin tight and parched.
- Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System: This kit consists of a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. It fights oily skin and acne breakouts with a combination of salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide. It leaves skin feeling fresh without any dryness.
- Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets: The instant solution to unwanted shine. It takes just one sheet of this wonder product to soak up shiny spots and grease without damaging your makeup.
These professional skin care products take care of your skin in the gentlest way and help you get rid of the unwanted oily skin.
Best Natural Skin Care Products to Get Rid of Oily Skin
- Egg Whites: They have a high Vitamin A content and can effectively dry out blemishes and tighten up the skin.
- Lemon Juice: It is a good source of citric acid and works like an astringent. It has antiseptic properties that lighten skin color and restores the natural PH balance of the skin.
- Yogurt: It contains lactic acid and helps in gentle exfoliation of the skin and absorbs excessive oil from the skin.
- Tomatoes: They have a cooling and clarifying effect on the skin. They are high in Vitamin C content and help acne prone skin.
- Cucumbers: They are great for oily skin because of their astringent and cooling properties. They are high in Vitamin A & E.
- Milk: Milk has great oil-free cleansing properties and makes skin soft and supple. It contains hydroxyl acids and gently exfoliates the skin.
Men Skin Care Products to Get Rid of Oily Skin
- Natio for Men Oil Free Moisturiser: This cream is the best solution for men’s oily skin. It controls oil formation on the surface of the skin. It contains special Aloe Vera and shea butter that rejuvenates skin.
- Olay Refreshing Energy Oil Control Cleanser: This cream cleanser produces rich foam and deeply cleans skin to remove impurities and oily build up. It lessens dark spots and improves skin texture.
- Votre Daily Must use Kit for Men: Gives a flawless and pimple free look. It has purifying properties that remove excess dirt and oil.
These tips and products can give a flawless look to your skin and help it remain clear of excess oil. Follow these tips and feel the change in your skin. You will definitely reduce the levels of oil on your skin using above mentioned methods. You need to buy the skin care products only after the recommendation of skin care experts. Natural methods are considered safe over allopathic skin care products and you can use them without recommendations.